indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Sunday, April 24, 2005

back again and pictures from our time in portugal

Me back in cyberspace...
Yes, I have been gone for a long time, I know. Mostly the fault of my not there and not working connection. Now I've got a little black antenna (wireless LAN PCI adapter) that is connecting me and Jon Valur with the big world outside.
Yes, I flew to Lisboa, a long time ago! It was a very relaxing and quiet holiday, going for walks, sitting and talking, making visits: things you do in holidays. I even got a little tan. On the way out, between Faroer and Frankfurt, Valur got a bleeding nose and blood was over all in this tiny space you got in aircraft seats. So we sat there with tissues, ice cubes, plastic bags and pesonal hoovering over us. In Frankfurt there was a rushing to change planes, but we got it all and arrived one hour late to 29 degrees and sunshine and parents fetching us from the airport. The house was full with pleasant guests and in the evening we played scrabble, while others watches TV or sat together playing cards in front of the blasting fireplace. Yes, the weather didn't keep what it promised the first two days, it started to rain and everybody but the tourists were so happy theat it finally rained that we could not do anything else but be glad too.
The flight back was without bleeding or rushing, but still, Valurs golfbag was left behind in Amsterdam and there was a confusion about arrival time so our children came much too late to fetch us, but we got home in the end and was I not happy to meet my bed again!

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Minka said...

I would like to point out that we were indeed late to pick you up at the airport...due to no fault of our own. Who, in their right minds, expects others to telepatically envision your arrival time?! We had no clue from where you were coming and when you were coming. Somehow that slipped the everyday phone conversations.
And for the last time...we are sorry you had to wait for half an hour! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home