indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Monday, December 06, 2004

The chicks are gone

Last weekend was a very nice weekend. On Friday I got pleasant guests, Marinó stayed overnight from Saturday til Sunday, I talked to my mother on the phone, looked through my christmas decorations, got more guests and they all liked my cookies, in short, had a pleasant time. I even got a new haircut and haircolour which you can admire in my photos (Christmas is coming). And on Monday morning, the 6th. 12., St. Nikolaus had put wonderfull christmassweets into my boots!! What a morning.
But sorry news: a mink got into our henhouse in the country side and killed most of the chicks. Dolores, Angelika, Light Foot, all gone. One rooster and two ducks are left. The mink dug a hole under the water inlet and crawled in. This morning he was still inside, feasting on his bad deeds. My daughter rushed in her fourwheel drive through mud and water to the next neighbour and with his help and gun the intruder got his deserved end. Poor chicks.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Really? That is just horrible. But I can not help feeling sorry for the mink as well, he only followed his natural impulse. I guess Jakobina will just have to make new chickens in the basement :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home