indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Darkness

I think,that when you live in Iceland you really get to appriciate Christmastime, whatever religion you are in or out. December IS the darkest month of the year and as northernly as we are we see and feel and taste the darkness enveloping us. The body energie drops many levels and one could sleep all day long. I did, today and read. So, the Christmas spirit and customs keep us alive. Nearly everybody puts this sweet light decorations up at their houses, there is baking and eating of sweets. Tomorrow is the first advent and I will stick little candels into oranges and invite children and grandchildren for "adventu kaffi". No, I will not bake now, or just a tiny bit. I decided to buy the cakes this time. You know, low energie level.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Yes, i know what you are talking about. I made two adverntukranzar. Very happy about them. On wednesday I am going to put up the lights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home