indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Friday, December 03, 2004

Slow times

7 new pictures.
This week has been kind of exhausting. I don´t know why really, there must be something in the air. Teachers have gone home in the middle of the day, feeling sick but come again the next day feeling better, people who usually burst of energy have been dragging their feet… We shall hope that the next week will be nicer to us.
I have much fun at school with the children, they are so clever and work so well and I have the feeling that I do something worthwhile.

I’ve been reading:
“The Messianic Legacy” by Baigent, Leigh and Lincoln. The first half was exciting, once again the origins of the christian church, who was Jesus, what was his mission, what was made of it and why. The second half, discussing Jesus’ heirs, his bloodline into our time, forgeries or not, didn´t catch my interest so I laid the book aside, for now at last.
Dan Browns “Angels and Demons” in no less exciting than the “Da Vinci Code” and who likes a nice thriller with an interesting background is well advised to read the book. It is well written and I have found no loose threads. For my taste the hero is too much of a hero, by far too clever and surviving impossible situations. But that is probably what makes a hero.
“Tears of the Giraffe” by Alexander McCall Smith left me a bit disappointed, it is a nice, easy to read book but does not reach in far “The First Ladies Agency”, not in depth nor in poetic.
What else? It has been very slippery outside, raining on frozen streets and walkways and I “kissed the ground” once, but with little consequences. As for today it is quiet and white outside. So I will dare to go out (drive out, really) and maybe look if I see some Christmas present and fill up my kitchen cupboards with stuff to eat. We are rather low on these items at the moment.

1 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Really? Second book by Alexander McCall Smith not as good as the first one? I was so looking forward to it.
Yeah, I can not wait to start on the other Dan Brown book! I will come up soon and check my cookies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home