indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Back In Town

Yes, I did go to the countryside and beautifull it was! No sky between heaven and me, virgin snow on rocks and hills. On the way over the mountains I saw for the first time whisps of hot air over the old lavafields. Mother earth is alive beneath our feet. We know that on Iceland. Rivers encrusted in ice, waterfalls frozen into strange shapes.
Friendly warmness embraced me at my daughter´s home, newly baked bread and three loving grandchildren. We drove to the eggwoman to get egg for our breeding mashine: 21 days and there will (hopefully) be chicks, six months and these chicks will be beautifull and lay eggs (hopefully). We were invited to coffee and cake, accepted and had a nice chat about chicken, horses and cows. Otherwise we kept ourselves inside and watched the temperature go up the next day, from
–18 to –5 and –2 when we left for town.
So I am back and finished reading: ”The dead sea scolls deception” by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh. It´s an interesting book for those who like to know more about the origins of christian church and the possible ways for the church not to tell about it. It is rather academic and printed on quite bad paper which makes it tiring to read.
I loved the book “the no.1 ladie´s detective agency”. It is a book which touches the heart and has much more depth in it than I expected. Strange that it should be written by a white man! I already bought another one from the same author (Alexander McCall Smith), “Tears of the giraffe.” But that has to wait, as I am now reading “angels and demons” from the some author as the “Da vinci code”, Dan Brown.
So I have no time to write anymore, I must go and read!
Have a nice day!

2 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger Minka said...

I see a lot of books coming my way. Will start the Ladie´s detective agency tonight. Glad the countryside was fun, wished I could have been there for the variety of small talk...but there you go!
Tell me how you like the Dan Brown book, maybe the Da VInci Code is his best one?

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Biene said...

You can but you don´t have to read it. Not finished yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home