indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Monday I will go and get me an icelandic passport. The news: after living more than thirty years in Iceland I finally decided to become icelandic officially. Up to two month before I have been german. I haven´t been to Germany in 15 years. So I found it a necessary step to become icelandic. And I am proud of it. Iceland is a great country and my home. I like to make statements. When I decided that I really didn’t believe in the teaching of the church I went and resigned. I don´t like to be a follower in something that I don’t believe in. Some people around me laugh at this. It is important for me.
We are a quite wildly european family, splattered from Germany to Iceland, Portugal, Norway, mixed with a bit of Kurd and Israel. One summer at home we had to juggle between six languages. I took part in three. Me, that is german, english and icelandic. I can safe myself in french. Monika brought russian with her. So, we will go quite a way. We even know a chinese young man. He could help us out, too, if it should prove life saving.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Du bist herzlich in unseren "Luftkurort" mit dem schrecklichen Bahnhof (Gruß an Monika!!) eingeladen, falls du mal wieder deutschen Boden betreten möchtest! (Aber das weißt du ja)
Kuss von K.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Liebe Kerstin. Ein scheusslicher Bahnhof aber eine schoene Gegend! Sabine: ich wuerde das Angebot annehmen. Ausserdem wird es mal wieder Zeit das du Deutschen Boden beschreitest. Mein Gott! Deutsche Sprache schwere Sprache!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home