indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Saturday

Yesterday there was a horse in our house. I promised to tell nobody, Jakobína is afraid that people would think we are crazy. Yes, we are. But please, don´t talk about it.
Jakobína arrived with children, girls, the dog Rósa and two horses in a trailer at noon. They planned to ride these two horses on a horseshow in town, as an exercise for both horses and riders. So the question arrived where to give the horses the final make’up. There were some options but we took the quickest one: the lower floor of my house. Margrét, the hairdressingwoman arrived with her little bag and then there was combing, brushing and grooming. The horses, one at a time, behaved beautifully as ladies should do in a beautishop and didn’t leave any manure. The show also went nice I have been told. No, I don’t live in the country. We have a very usual house in a usual house street but a rather big garden with a garden door and there in they went. In the meantime my husband was feeding lots of grandchildren. It was a very happy saturday. (look at the photos if you like.)

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Youa re crazy people. I can just see the picture. A horse at a time downstairs, people brushing it, leaving a mess, loads of little kids running around a tripping things over...and I am related to you people by choice! Life does not make sense sometimes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home