indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Time is passing, yes, it is end of may!!, and little news from here. In between I was in Norway, attending the confirmation of my niece and met a lot of family and friends of the family of my sister. I took my oldest grandchild with me and we had a nice time. Cold there, cold here, the summer is lazy to come and in two weeks my summer holidays will start. Still, narcisses and tulips are flowering in my garden and the trees are sprouting leaves.
The Eurovision is behind us, poor Iceland, there were discussions how and where to hold the next Eurovision here in Iceland as everybody was sure that the icelandic song would win and then they didn´t even get into the finale. But as it is said here, the song was great as was the performance and european people just don´t recognize a good thing when they see it. Yes, you must be optimistic to be able to live in this cold and barren country. I was so happy that Malta got the second place, a beautiful song, a beautiful voice and that was it. No naked people dancing, not even to mention that this lady in singing lacked all slimness. So there are people who still got taste. As me.
As usual at this time of the year I feel a depression settling in, my mind and body long for warmth and sweetness and going outside the house you believe it will never come.

5 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just when I thought "why isnt Sabine writing anymore?" - and send you a mail - there you are with your entry from today. Norway, and Eurovision whilst here in Perth its getting colder and we had the first rains for many many months. Looking forward to the Icelandic winter, ITS TRUE!!! See you soon Sabine

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the anonymous is your old friend claudia

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Biene said...

Who else I know lives in PertH?Ð And when will you come?
Sabine

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Well, if you want sweetness and light you should just surround yourself with me :)
As all Icelanders I have a big ego :)

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Biene said...

Yes, you are right. I will use this idea.
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home