indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Could it be, that I am getting old?

I have come to a point in my life where ist becomes seductive to flirt with my age. “I am getting old”, I say and expect everybody to say, no, you look so young still, or no, that can´t be, you are a grandmother already? But, alas, they don´t really say it all the time anymore. So I should stop telling about my age and color my hair (which I already did) and try to look young and fit – long way to go. To look fit, at least.
Today I had difficulties with this young image, my back gave way and, already at work, I couln´t straight up anymore. I took the offer of a walking stick, but it was a joke, they didn´t have one. So I went home, craweld into bed and stayed there the better part of the day with a lot of blankets on and painkillers inside me. I can still go and have my smoke, so that´s ok. But a bad back really doesn´t have anything to do with old age, does it? And anyhow, what´s bad with age? I get happier every year I get older. So, happy back into bed, then.

3 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if it's any consolation, I do think you look young for a grandmother and that's no attempt to butter you up because frankly I'd tell you if I thought you looked THAT old! ;-)

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Minka said...

People ask me sometimes how old you are and I swear I never really know. It is because you can be any age you like. SOmetimes you are close to fourty when we pretend to be Telle TUbbies in Kringlan; sometimes you are so filled with wisdom when you try to give me good advice- so you could easily be 80- and sometimes you have a backache and then you might just be around 50. You can pull over almost any age you want. AS a dutiful daughter I feel I have done enough buttering you up for the evening :)

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Biene said...

oohhhh....blush

 

Post a Comment

<< Home