indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Saturday, January 22, 2005

days passing by

Saturday
It has been snowing on the trees and the ground tonight, once again, and a cat has been taking a morning walk through my garden, a pearly little pattern in the soft, white blanket. A bird came fluttering past, but Monika has not yet offered breakfast.
For the late afternoon on sunday we are invited to Margrét’s birthday and look foreward to it. She has been baking last night and is still doing things now, so I will go in trousers with a stretchband at the waist.

Tuesday
I slept my first night in my new bed which was delivered yesterday evening and slept well, thank you. Now I don’t close the door to my bedroom so I can have a peep now and then at my beautifull room.
Oh, the delivery of the bed. At a little past six a man knocked on our door and I came running and asked him out of breath and smiling; You come with the bed, don’t you? First he looked rather confused, Oh no, he was very sorry he just delivered some letters. I hope, he did understand more then just the word “bed”. There could be rather many reasons why he looked confused and a little frightend.

Friday
A week has past rather quickly, I was buisy at school and poduced a lot of working materials for the children, a story to teach them talking, a story to say good bye, a word and picture domino and things like that. Lots of people are sick at the moment, the flu, common cold with fever and more. It is still very cold outside, slippery in places but nice and bright but for the occational storm. Live is rather nice these days but for ocational emotinal storms..there we go again.

Sunday.
I am so sorry, days are passing by and luckily nothing interesting happens. So there are few news to tell.
Yea, my husband and me did some driving around in the car today. You know what? He always takes different routes from point A to B than I do. It is so irritating. There I got this nice route with the least red lights and the by far shortest way and he just won’t listen. But anyhow, we got home again.

Having no news, I could talk about politics. But it is so stupid. Somehow the politicians, most of them, no, not you, are so terribly stupid. How DO they dare to take decisions as they do? Making war, for the worst. Deciding where to spend our tax money, for the best. And so on. But it is boring and making me angry, so I will stop right now.

I have been reading so much, I don´t really remember what I did read since last. Three books after Kurt Vonnegut, “Slaughterhouse 5”, the greatest antiwar book I’ve ever read, about the american nonhero who stands in an unknown place in France whishing to be somewhere else, and so it goes. “Galapagos”, same author, same depression, now the big brains are under poetic fire, a bit boring, and last “breakfast of champions”, still more depression and the life is nonsense however you look at it. A nice way to start the new year!
“101 days in Bagdad” by Asne Seierstad, norwegian reporter, she also wrote about the bookshop owner in Kabul. Very interesting to read though it was written in the spring of 2003, right before the war on Irak started. About the war: the word “awe” still makes me furious. Awe for the destruction the godlike american nation can pour over the humans of other countries? Hmmm. Not that I was a fan of Saddam, he could be shredded for all I care.
For the icelandic readers: ”Dauðans óvissi tími”, Þráinn Bertelsson, no must. A police story with icelandic political sidesteps, not my biggest amusement.
AND I am reading the first three chapters of “Leadership for Differentiating Schools and Classrooms”, A. Tomlinson;S. Allen, 2000. A Must for the school. It’s better than it sounds. Why the first three chapters only? It comes as it is translated into icelandic. There the name is: “Leiðsögn um einstaklingsmiðaða kennsluhætti.” And we just got so far.

2 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Hmmm...so many entries at once. When one is through one has forgotten what you started with.
a) the cat that walks in the garden is a friend of my birdie. She or he comes by every morning and than my bird and the cat engage in a game I do not really understand. It looks something like this: The cat comes and hides underneath the window. My bird knows it is there but does pretend it does not and continues to stand in the window sill. Than the cat jumps up, crushes her head on the window glass and rund away. My bird is shocked for a second and flies away only to return five seconds later. And sure enough the cat comes back too. This goes on for about an hour, when they part ways.
b) men and driving? DO not get me started. I mean why is it so muchtrouble for them when another driver over takes them, men can not take directions and always drive to close to the next car. Whe the traffic light turns yellow they already are imaptiently pressing the gas-pedal...men!
c) I do not believe in politics anymore!
d) I have read the schoolbooks in kennslufræði and I was bloody bored over Slaughthouse 5. I just do not get it!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Biene said...

You ever saw this cartoon with birdy and cat? Somewhere they must get their ideas. Looking into your window?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home