indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Life is soo exciting!

When I came to school this mornig, three out of five teachers in our special class were sick at home. But we managed well with some help. Then somebody got the crazy idea to clean the cornar where a mouse was supposed to be living, hoping she was not at home. I said, ok, I will take the carpets out of the corner if you promise not to shriek and run away if the mouse is still there. (It had been sighted three days ago and not since.) They promised. Of course the ladies shrieked and run away. I am sorry to say, I have not yet seen this mouse. So we barrikaded ourselves in the other room, I of course had to rescue the children which were sitting unsuspecting at their tables. Of course my little pupil wanted to take the carpet with the mouse droppings with him and we got half an hour of howling for not allowing it. Finally the principal and another teacher, with a broom and a blanket as weapons went on a hour of unsuccessfull mouse hunt. When I left, the room was in shambles. Continue tomorrow.
Outside time is going backwards. Layer for layer the melting snow reviels our past. Monikas birdfeeding leftovers appeared, in the front of the house there was sawdust from my parkett and now green needles from the christmastree. In the corner there are autumn leaves. No dead mouse yet.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Minka said...

I can just picture it. The mouse wa sprobably hiding in someone´s shoe and watching the entire spectacle, wondering what all the fuss is about. I still do not get how people can be squeemish about mice. They ar emore afraid of us than the other way around!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home