indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Monday, February 07, 2005

Carrots

You wouldn’t want to know what is in my new fridge. Something ugly, mossy, smelling? No, quite the opposite, something very, very dead that should be alive. Before Christmas I bought this little baby carrots, imported from the US. Everytime I look at them, they look nice, a few grey spots, but that is it, very eatable. Now I leave them to look how long they will stay that way. In my opinion carrots this age should start to sprout, get dry and wrinkly and, waiting some more, get brown and smelly. What do they treat this carrots with that they are so completely dead? What are we supposed to eat? Why can’t food be as nature gives them? Salats, I just read, are whashed in chlorine, so they keep better. Oh, I long for summer and my home grown vegatables!
And, did you see my weatherpixie? I love her! Now I will not have to tell you anymore how the weather is in Reykjavík. But for our house, you can add some 2-3 degrees minus and draw away some of the wind.

1 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Scientific experiments in your fridge? I never get the chance. My boyfriend likes to throw things away when they are two days old. No, that is not entirely true. He buys somehting. Starts it and then refuses to eat it the next day. It remains in tge fridge until I throw it away. He really is picky when it comes to food!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home