indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Today I am proud.

Proud of my mom who told me that I wrote nonsense the other day, proud that she knows nonsense when she sees it and that she is reading my blog and thinking about it, too! The nonsense was, and I correct humbly –teachers also make mistakes- that the earth is nearer the sun in winter than in summer. It is not, it is on the opposite side and nearest in spring and autumn. Did I get it right now Mom? The reason I would talk about this subject in the first place, was why the sun goes higher in spring parabolic and not linear. In the end, as I understand it, and I might be wrong again, it’a a question of the curvation of the earth, And here I will leave it. If anyone of you can tell me if I am wrong this time again, please do so.
This week I spent a nice afternoon with the two year old son of my oldest, we read books together and looked at holiday pictures and were comfortable. I did work, eat, sleep, visit dear friends and the only thing that is changing daily in my life is the weather. One of my teeth is sore and I should go to the dentist but it’s not yet quite sore enough to take that step.
Yesterday evening I finished “Belladonna skjalið”, or “rule of four” in english, by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason. It didn´t grip me, maybe because I got the icelandic tanslation. But the background, the campus of Princeton University, was uninteresting for me as the life speculations of rather young men. Anyhow, I didn’t get it and found it rather boring.
The book before “miskunnsemi guðs”, translated into icelandic from norwegian, (“Guðs barmhetigheit” by Kerstin Ekman) is quite readable but the main persons remain rather pale and the ending is such that you wait for the book number two. Ha, you know what I read right now on the cover?..is the first book of a triologie… ok. It’s the story of a young midwife in the northern corner of Sweden, where Sweden, Norway and Finnland meet, starting at about 1917.
Now I will go into my kitchen and think about food as Margrét and her familily are invited to dinner.

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Very nice post, indeed! Your mom told you that you were wrong. Kinda harsh, isn´t it. I know almost nothing about the solar system, let alone earth curves...so I can not assist you in this dilemma. Very nice soup you made yesterday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home