indulgence

me talking about me (and other things)

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

This morning I woke up at half past eight, had my porridge aso. Cleaned the kitchen and arrived at work at ten. The poor sweeties were completely crazy today (as yelling, bawling, throwing materials around) so we spent some time jumping on the trampoline, going under chairs and over the broom and around the table… to let some steam off. One teacher had birthday and brought this extremly delicious cake for us. Later there was a teacher's meeting and I spent sometime in between at the computer, writing reports and the like.

When I came to the parking lot at about four, my car had a flat tire. A big nail smiled at me: Got you! I phoned a service and a very young man arrived half an hour later and though he tried badly he was not able to get at my sparetire which is, as I know now, under the car. So I had to wait again for the next service man, who came still half an hour later and did his job nicely. Meanwhile the rain was pouring and as I find it unpolite to sit in the dry car while somebody is changing my tire I stood in the rain too and got extremely wet and cold. Following this adventure I went to the tirefixing shop and had everything fixed again. All this took about two hours.
In the meantime I was in phone connection with Jakobina on the way to town who asked me to take care of her children, which I had to decline as I wasn’t at home and Margrét whom I had promised to fetch somewhere after work. She got another ride. So Jakobina left her kids with Margrét where I than fetched everybody and the storm wind of five children blew through our house while I fried bred and eggs. Jakobina and Alisse arrived soon, with a horse trailer with a horse in it, everybody had coffee and something to eat and something to talk around yelling and eating kids and then suddenly there they all were gone and a blanket of silence once again descended on our home. And now it is eight o’clock, time for my easy chair and needlework.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger Minka said...

I did not know that about your flat tire. Sorry to hear you had to stand in the rain for an hour. By the way, you need to go to Skoðun with your car!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home